A reminder that school closes this Friday 25th October and re opens Monday 4th November
St Christopher’s School: Professional Learning Grant Statement 2019/20
The expectation of this funding is to help schools meet the demands of the new National Approach to Professional Learning (NAPL) and enable investment in the elements of the model. In line with this, the funding should be used to support areas the following:
- The general release of teachers and TAs to engage in professional learning activities;
- The remuneration of individuals, creating roles and posts, to support the co-ordination of PL activities across a school or group of schools. These roles would support colleagues, departments or whole school approaches to critical enquiry, change management and SLO activities;
- The release costs for practitioners to engage in research activities and critical enquiry, funding release time to investigate the implications of the new curriculum for their own teaching and assessment practice;
- The release costs to enable practitioners to collaborate both within school and across clusters and networks of schools – engaging with collaborative professional learning and collaborative plan
- Supporting the development of the roles such as school (or cluster level) Professional Learning Coach
In 2019-20 St Christopher’s School were allocated a total Professional Learning Grant of £19,171.00.
School intends to use the funding available as follow:
- Professional Development of teaching staff, to improve knowledge, understanding and implementation of key initiatives to ensure our school is a Learning Organisation.
- Cover and release for teaching staff to attend training and visit organisations of effective practice in learning and teaching
- Cover for release of teaching staff to attend training on and offsite in preparation for the new curriculum.
- To release teaching staff to work in school and on a cluster basis to make best use of resources.
- Release costs to enable teaching staff at all levels to engage in research activities and critical enquiry, change management and SLO activities.
It is not appropriate for the school to publish a detailed plan as it could identify individual pupils.
For anyone wishing to become a Parent Governor at our school please see the details attached https://www.parentkind.org.uk/Parents/Have-a-say-as-a-parent-governor?fbclid=IwAR2c3aax4sMc81vb5ETLLyvWuAgEJKcSP08B_8uCoXiu6U92NtlbJFKCQP4